Edit 9.9.2020: We’ve found someone to fill this position and will be introducing her to you soon!
Red Tape Translation is a small Berlin-based translation, interpreting and coaching team. We’re looking for an extra set of hands to help with office duties. We mostly work from home and meet in person about once a month.
This role involves general administration tasks, customer service, translation, proofreading and the odd bit of phone interpreting. You would work 2 days a week for 3-4 hours per day – an hour or two in the morning and again in the afternoon or evening. It involves working closely with another administrative assistant, contractors and the business owner. The work is mostly remote, though the initial training and occasional meetings or sessions would take place in person in Berlin, observing all the necessary hygiene standards. The role is perfect for an organised, customer-centric multi-tasker who wants to work flexibly. Combining this role with childcare, study or other working commitments is ideal.
– Inbox management and general admin (2 set days per week) – respond to email correspondence, organise appointments, prepare quotes, reply to ad-hoc queries, track appointments and tasks, answer and return calls, create, format and update templates and coaching materials
– Translation and proofreading – translate, edit and proofread short texts and emails as required
– Occasional telephone interpreting
– Social media – schedule and analyse content for the corporate blog and social media channels
Experience and Capabilities
– Excellent customer service skills with a proven track record of dealing with customers
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (native-level fluency required) and German (C2 equivalent)
– Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and act quickly
– Ability to identify and implement process improvements
– Intermediate Microsoft Office and Google Suite
– Online tools: experience with or ability to learn CRM, bookkeeping, project management, time tracking, WordPress, communication, OCR and other SaaS tools
Other important things to know
– You’d need a functional, reliable laptop and internet connection – we’d provide all software licenses and logins, etc.
– If you are a non-EU citizen, you need permission to be employed (Beschäftigung) in Germany
– Although we do work with freelancers, it is not possible to work in this particular role on a freelance basis
To apply, send your CV, references and a cover letter to Kathleen Parker: email@example.com