07.05.2015 This job is now closed. Thanks for all your interest!!
Red Tape Translation is searching for confident German – English Sprachbegleiter to accompany English speakers to their German public office appointments in Berlin. The most common types of appointments are at the Bürgeramt, the Ausländerbehörde, and the Agentur für Arbeit. They take place all over Berlin.
- a native English speaker with cracking German (C2 / verhandlungssicher) or
- a native German speaker with cracking English (C2 / verhandlungssicher)
- already set up to work freelance in Berlin
- able to think on your feet and keep cool in tricky situations
- easy to get in touch with and you respond quickly to emails and phone calls
- great customer service skills
- a friendly, non-confrontational disposition
- experience in either customer service, interpreting, and/or translation
- a flexible work schedule
This job is occasional in nature, you can accept or reject individual assignments as you go. It would suit a freelancer who can choose their own working hours or a student with spare time during the week. Most of the appointments happen on Monday – Thursday between 7am and 4pm, most commonly in the mornings. Peak days are Tuesdays and Thursdays.