The JobCenter has just released a new batch of forms to make applying for welfare during the Corona pandemic easier. We’ve had a look – they are simpler than the last lot, but will probably take you roughly the same amount of time to fill out. Details and links below.
There’s a simpler version of the main application form – you can use this to give them all the details of your personal circumstances. When you fill this one out, it will also let you know which extra forms you need to complete.
There’s also a simpler version of Annex EKS (now called KAS) – this is what freelancers fill out to give details about their business activities, income and expenses. It’s here.
A law came into effect on 27.3.2020 which was meant to simplify access to benefits/ALGII during the Corona pandemic. The JobCenter is therefore relaxing some of their very stringent checks for the time period 01.03.2020 until 31.08.2020.
Some of these changes include:
- With a simple declaration of having no significant assets, you don’t have to fill out Annex VM
- You can keep your savings
- Claims for children can be supported with just one month’s financial information instead of six
- Rent, heating and Nebenkosten will be paid without checking the size or price of your apartment
- Health insurance contributions will be paid
- Application is possible by phone, email or post. I know, my jaw hit the floor too.
Once these six months are up, the previously very stringent checks will resume. This means they might not continue to pay your rent if your apartment is considered too big, too small or too expensive according to their guidelines.
Go forth and apply!!! Here is a helpful free video I made that takes you through the main application form.